Thursday, October 7, 2010

Our Lady of the Rosary

Today God granted me the gift of being able to be reconciled and recieve the Eucharist at Fatima Shrine in New York State with some members of our University's Newman Club.

It was a beautiful day, and the American priests are SO MUCH BETTER than the Canadian ones, and it was a blessing to hear the great sermon on the victory of Le Panto and the ongoing spiritual struggle we have.

I also got a book of devotions by Blessed John Henry Newman which I hope to make regular use of.

I also am excited that next week we should be starting our volunteer work with the St. Vincent de Paul Society, which I get to write my French History Essay on (hopefully).

The Rosary has meant so much to me in the last year and a half. It has taught me so much about being like Christ, so much about Mary, and given me alot of peace and strength. I can't find the words to describe how my relationship with Our Lady has grown through it, but I will say that I have a rosary next to my bed, and that it has been for me a constant catechism for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment