Monday, January 25, 2010

My Reading List

These books are laying around the house that I'm still trying to finish:

Apologia Pro Vita Sua - John Henry Cardinal Newman
The Christian Tradition (Volume 4) - Jaroslav Pelikan
Love Alone is Credible - Hans Urs Von Balthasar
The Trinity - Karl Rahner (though the book comes so close to modalism, I think I might stop it for a while, if not indefinately)
The Christian Tradition (Volume 1) - Jaroslav Pelikan
Early Christian Doctrines - J.N.D. Kelly
The Consolation of Philosophy - Boethius
The Spirit of Medieval Philosophy - Etienne Gilson
The Sword of Truth Trilogy - Evelyn Waugh
The Abolition of Man - C.S. Lewis
Pilgrim's Regress - C.S. Lewis
Letters to Malcolm - C.S. Lewis
The Truth of Catholicism - George Weigel
The complete writings of Flannery O' Connor

to name a few. (I read in a really stupid method, just reading whatever I feel like each day, rather than finishing one book at a time)

but the next books I want to get are:

The Crucified Rabbi - Taylor Marshall
The Literary Converts - Joseph Pearce
Crazy For God - Frank Schaeffer
Saint Thomas Aquinas - G.K. Chesterton

I have about $50 worth of gift cards to a book store, perhaps I'll be able to get more books which will taunt me by not being read because of school.

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus

No comments:

Post a Comment