Friday, November 13, 2009

Mastering Sin (2)

It's almost 5 pm meaning that I have another empty Friday night ahead of me. What possibly will I venture to do. There's homework (3 essays, a response paper, and a chapter of Latin), but nothing terribly immediate or pressing. There's indulgence, potentially pizza, chips, and an internet & satellite connection. There's virtue: a walk around my neighbourhood and a Rosary to pray, and then some Thomistic theology I could read. There's introversion, analyzing the way I've failed to enjoy life this week or self-actualize, etc and listen to some Chopin and cry alone in my room. And then there's all of the above.

The last 2 Fridays I've chosen homework and indulgence. Tonight I think I'm going to try virtue and then homework and then introspection. As long as I can avoid indulgence, that's the main goal. To lay in bed for 7 hours till sleep doing nothing would still be better than adding more fat and mortal sin to myself, but if I could do something positive, it'd be even better.

So that's the plan: virtue.

I'm predicting in my cynicism: 1/2 hour of virtue, 1/2 hour of homework, pride over my success, followed by a rapid descent into indulgence and depression.

Then I get to go to work tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out, I'm going for a rosary walk right now.

Our Lady watch over me.

(I stole this picture from googleimages)

No comments:

Post a Comment