Monday, October 25, 2010

Feast of the 40 Martyrs Of England and Wales


So today is THE feast day for recusants of course, and providence in a twist of irony has made it my most busy day of the semester, leaving me unable to write anything of note.

Though perhaps the martyrs were praying for me today, as I had a nightmarish morning and was dismissed from seminar after getting sick, crying, and earning the mercy of my professor. I hope there is some intercession left for me, as I now go to give a talk on Sin and Grace for our Newman Club, followed by a Russian Politics midterm that I've barely studied for.

40 Martyrs of England and Wales, pray for us.

Here are some photos I stole from another blog concerning the occasion of the canonization of the Martyrs in 1970, as well as a memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment