Saturday, August 28, 2010

What Would St. Augustine Do?

Today was the feast of St. Augustine of Hippo, a day I try not to let slip by. (ok, let's be honest, I've only been RC for a year and a half and my confessor reminded me today).

So after confession, I ran into an old friend who is a LONG time lapsed Catholic. He invited me out tomorrow night during the time I normally go to Mass, as I work during the day. So. What would Augustine do? Go out with the friend as I'm his only practicing Christian friend (let alone Catholic friend), and miss mass. Or go to Mass and see him some other time.

Augustine would probably tell me to invite him to Mass. I don't think that'd go over well. Although tomorrow is the feast of the beheading of St. John the Baptist. I doubt it would go over that badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment