Thursday, December 10, 2009

la nouvelle theologie / ressourcement

For an essay on Karl Barth and Gianni Vattimo that I had to write, I proposed as a solution to the problem of the death of God/Metaphysics, ressourcement theology. I don't quite know how it happened, but it just did.

The more I read about von Balthasar and de Lubac and Gilson, the more excited I was, and the more I wanted to be a theologian or a historian of theology. It was amazing how new everything seemed and perhaps that is what people meant about 'the spirit of Vatican II'. I of course do not advocate women priests, or anything against magesterial teaching, but rather the re-emphasis of the ancient faith's answers to the questions of today.

I'm still reading through Gilson's "The Spirit of Medieval Philosophy", and I'm getting Karl Rahner's "The Trinity" as well as the rest of Pelikan's Church History. Hopefully they will teach me something more about this movement.

I don't know much about Rahner though, and people say I'm going to hate him, and that he's passe (couldn't get the accent working).

No comments:

Post a Comment